Reading the specifications will determine your scope of work and what your bid price is based upon. It is important that the General Conditions of the specifications be read thoroughly. Items of importance will include:
The Bid Form
• How many electrical prices are required?
• Are there any alternates?
Sales Tax Requirements
• Is this project exempt from sales tax?
• Should any cash allowances be included in the bid price?
• This may vary from 10% through completion, from 10% to 5% after the job is half complete, or 10% to 0% after the job is half complete.
• Who furnishes the temporary power?
• Who pays for the temporary power consumed?
Progress Reports and Photographs
Bid Bonds, Security Deposits and Performance Bonds
Minority Clauses and Requirements
Construction Time and Liquidated Damages
Owner Furnished Equipment
Change Orders and Extras
Job Close Out
Once this list has been established, each category can be defined by using a simple code. For example:
FBE = Furnished by Electric
IBE = Installed by Electric
FBO = Furnished by Others
IBO = Installed by Others